SRS Engineering are working alongside an accomplished sub-contractor in Prestwick, Ayrshire who require a Tool Maker to work from there state of the art facilities. This is due to continued expansion and securing new long term contracts. Covering multiple sectors including Aerospace, Oil & Gas and Automotive the successful candidate will play a key role producing precision components in the workshop.
As a Toolmaker, you will be involved with the manufacture of jigs, fixtures and tooling. You will have experience of using a range of machinery such as lathes and CNC Milling machines and have strong assembly skills. You will also have the ability to read precision drawings.
- Manufacturing jigs, fixtures, and new tools.
- Repair and planned preventative maintenance on existing tools.
- Carry out tool repairs to multistage progression tools and second operation tools and fixtures.
- Modify tooling to improve production.
- To assist in the continuous improvement ideas for making tooling more reliable.
- Be able to utilize conventional tool room machinery including milling, turning and grinding.
- Bench hand experience (Minimum 10 years).
- Experienced in setting multiple press types .
- Be reliable,confident & self-motivated.
- Possess an engineering qualification.
- Spark Erosion experience.
- Working 3 rotating shifts early, back and nights.
If you do not have experience in all of the above some training can be given.
- £20 p/h
- Overtime readily available – x 2 on a Sunday.
- 33 days Holiday per annum.
- Government NEST Pension.
- Working from Modern, Spacious Facilities.
- Working within a close – knit team where your efforts and input are highlighted from day one.
- Furthering Engineering knowledge within an expanding organisation.
Apply now with a copy of your up to date CV