We are working with a local client who are looking for a .NET Developer to join their team in the West End of Glasgow. This is an excellent opportunity to make a significant contribution to the future direction and development of one of Scotland’s fastest growing tech start-ups using the latest technologies.
Specific responsibilities include:
● Participation in full software development lifecycle, from requirements gathering, analysis and design to production support and maintenance
● Evolving, enforcing and evangelising development best practice
● Working with the team to plan and prototype new concepts and ideas Required Skills/Experience
● Extensive experience developing web applications using ASP.NET MVC, C# and SQL Server;
● Experience of Continuous Integration and delivery/deployment environments with VSO;
● Understanding of Agile development methodologies and experience working as part of an agile team;
● Experience of ORMs (NHibernate and/or Entity Framework) and IoC containers;
● Understanding of OOP/SOLID and Software Design Patterns;
● Enthusiastic to learn new skills, technologies and techniques.
Nice to have:
● An interest in learning and using .NET Core;
● Experience building restful Web Services;
● Experience building applications for Azure;
● NoSQL database experience (MongoDB/ CosmosDB);
● (T)SQL skills;
● Awareness of patterns and tooling used for handling high volumes of traffic and large throughput of data;
● Experience with or a desire to learn Containerisation (Docker), Container Orchestration (Kubernetes, ServiceFabric, Azure Container Service) and PowerShell.
A competitive renumeration package is on offer, we are also open to discussing flexible and remote working. As we are a small team early on our journey you will have a chance to shape the culture however we can assure you that we will promote a trusting, people first workplace.