SRS Engineering have a client based in Stirlingshire who due to continued growth now have an opportunity for a Fire Safety Engineer/Consultant. This is a permanent, full-time position working 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday covering Scotland.
The company provides a comprehensive Fire Safety Consultancy Service to building designers, owners and occupiers. Supporting innovative architecture by providing bespoke Fire Safety and Fire Engineering Strategies in support of Building Warrant Applications across the U.K. The work they do includes:
- Zone Modelling,
- Development of Fire Strategies,
- Construction Fire Safety Reports,
- Timber Frame Separation Assessments and Radiation Modelling
- Fire Risk Assessments
- Fire Safety Management Planning
- Delivery of Essential Staff Training
You will form as part of the team on a range of different projects, mentoring junior engineers (when appropriate) and being supported by the wider team as required.
Working on a diverse and exciting range of projects from conceptual fire strategy development through to handing over landmark projects in the built environment, you will: –
- Understand and implement the principles of fire science on real projects;
- Understand the total fire concept at each stage from the initial client brief through to construction and operation;
- Assume project management responsibility on designated projects and research initiatives;
- Carry out a range of work; including full fire risk assessments, fire engineered analysis including means of escape analysis and smoke modelling through to creating fire strategies for whole buildings and other structures;
- Actively engage in design review meetings to propose innovative or better performing solutions.
- Will have a BEng (Honours) degree in Fire Engineering, or an Engineering Honours degree which enables full or partial CEng registration;
- Be willing to undertake further professional study, qualifications and certification, as and when required;
- Have worked in a consultancy or similar client focused environment.
- Have verifiable experience in delivery of fire engineered solutions for U.K. based projects;
- Be aware of appropriate UK legislation and design guidance.
- Clearly understand the total fire concept, from the client briefing stage through to construction and operation;
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, working to tight deadlines and meeting client and Company demands;
- Show clear report writing skills, explaining complex engineering concepts in plain English;
- Have well-developed interpersonal skills; developing collaborative and effective relationships with clients and colleagues;
- Ensure high levels of customer care, consistently delivering a positive experience and generating future business opportunities;
- Have a current, clean driving licence;
- Experience in Computational Flow Dynamics (FDS system) modelling is advantageous, but not essential.
If you feel you meet the above criteria apply now for an immediate interview!