SRS Engineering have a client based in North Aberdeen who have a vacancy for an Estimator within their busy, sub contract workshop. This is a full time, permanent position for an established sub – contractor in Machining and Fabrication catering primarily to the Oil & Gas industry.
The successful candidate will have experience in a busy workshop environment having bid on small and large projects in both machining and fabrication. Overseeing the the whole project from initial bid through to Manufacture and delivery.
- Educated to a degree/HND level in either; Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. Alternatively have a qualification in Quantity Surveying.
- Experience of working within the Waste and Water industry.
- At least two years’ experience in preparing MEICA estimates.
- A real team player with good time management, organisational and IT skills.
- A demonstratable ability to interpret and communicate complex technical information.
What you’ll be doing?
- Preparing MEICA estimates from the bottom up against a wide and varied range of work scope.
- Reviewing and appraising supplier and subcontractor quotations.
- Producing a basis of estimate, including the creation of assumptions, exemptions and identifying risk.
- Estimating Project Risk Registers.
- Communicate with Solutions Development/Project Managers; Project Engineers; Technical & Design and Commercial personnel in the estimate development process.
- Preparing estimates that support contractual change control.
- Reporting on clarifications, questions and any challenges after completing an estimate.
- Managing both internal and external stakeholders.
Apply now for an immediate interview!